Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy birthday to my mom/Time spent with mama

Well maybe one day I will get this blogging down but I still can't add pictures or change anything so when someone is ready for a lesson I am willing to learn. Today is a very special day. It is my sweet mom's birthday. This past weekend my grandmother (mama) came to visit. She stayed Friday night with mom and then on to our house. She is the best. We always get to pick what we want for her to cook when we visit or when she visits us. I have finally gotten two recipes after 15 years of asking. My mama makes the best:
1. Sweet tea
2. pimento cheese
3. dumplings
4. and so much more

I got the recipe to the dumplings and her rice and tomatoes. Her cooking is special especially when it involves my girls and their great grandma. She let them help make the dumplings. What special memories for them! On sunday we just made it to church and then sunday night we had a birthday dinner with my mom in commerce. I thank God for these two beautiful women who have both raised me and made me the person I am.

I love you mom and mama

3 comments:

  1. Great! Sounds like fun!
    Ok now- just don't let it be so long before you post again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! i promise at some point we'll do a blogging tutorial ;)

    glad to hear you guys had such a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes a tutorial is greatly needed I feel lost. I would like to add music one day but one day at a time. This is fun!

    ReplyDelete