Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beach Trip SSI for the 4th of July












This week could not have come any sooner. I worked really hard to get all my school work done before we left but things never turn out the way you imagine they would. We had been planning a beach vacation for a while. We originally were going to the gulf until the oil spill. Instead we decided to go to on of my families favorite destinations. SSI that is St. Simons Island. We love that place and have been going there since I was little. The last time we traveled there we had just moved up to Cleveland so it had been a while. We asked my grandmother to go with us to get her out of the house. I really think she was planning to go that is until she had to go to the hospital. I was so worried. This was the first time she has ever told me that it was bad. So Wednesday night we headed that way to stay at her house even though she would not be there. Kind of weird staying at her house without her there. On thursday we got up to head down to SSI. We were going to swing by Savannah to visit her in the hospital. Little did we know that she would be coming home that day. I even got to go to the hospital to pick her up and bring her home. Once we got her home and settled our little family headed back the same way I had come that morning to the beach.
Thursday turned out to be a dreary day so we let the girls swim for a little bit in the condo complex and then we headed to Spanky's to eat supper. I don't know if you have ever been but it is another fav place of my family. They are famous for their spuds, chicken fingers, and fried veggies. Yum. Needless to say supper was wonderful.
Friday turned out to be the chaos day. Our air conditioner at the condo had to be repaired before we got there but then the toilet started to overflow and it did several times that day. It is hard to spend a day somewhere without a bathroom. We had to use the pool bathroom, then the ones at the beach, and then finally at 9:45 at night after a day of chaos we got to use the one in our condo. Boy was I glad that day was over. Even though we spent the day at the beach and at the pier. Then we ate at another one of my favorite places Barbara Jeans. They are know for their crabcakes which you can order online www.barbarajeans.com.
Saturday turned out to be the first day of real fun. We finally could focus on enjoying ourselves. We played and played at the pool and went to each at Mullet Bay for dinner. We went back and made homemade ice cream.
Sunday was the 4th. We spent the day at the pool and cooked dinner. We then headed to the pier to watch the festival. SSI fireworks are the best. They lasted almost 1 hour. Just when you thought they were ended they would begin again.
Monday we had to head home. We spent two hours in the pool before we said our goodbyes. For the first time I was not ready to go home. I could have stayed another week. We love SSI and can't wait to go back.



No comments:

Post a Comment