Thursday, July 19, 2012

Haleigh leaving us for 4 days

Today the girls finished up cheer camp much to my dismay.  However they loved it.  We finished camp at 11:30 and I worked in my classroom for about 30 more minutes.  At 12:15 we stopped by Dairy Queen to pick up lunch and then headed towards Clarkesville to the church.  Haleigh had to be at church at 1:00 to leave for her Junior Drama Mission Trip.  On the way Haleigh asked had she ever been away from us this long before?  The answer is no.  Scott and I have been away from her for this long or longer but she was always with family or at least in her own home.  I think she was a little anxious.  She has been preparing for this trip for a long time.  In the fall, she joined Juinor Drama.  They had a competition in South Carolina and spent one night, a sleepover at church, helped out with VBS, and now to conclude the year with their mission trip.  I think she is super excited but a tad bit nervous.  I know she will have a blast.  I reminded her today of the main purpose for her going.  It is to teach others about Jesus.  She has done so good with hiding His word in her heart.  Now it is time to make Him shine to others.  I know that He has prepared her for this task.  I pray that all three of my girls will continue to hide His word in their heart and tell others all about Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment