Monday, April 26, 2010

Be careful what you ask for

It is kind of like asking for patience and it seems that everything goes a certain way that you have to learn some patience. Well about five months ago I began contemplating going back to school for my ED.S. I had just finished my master's degree in May. My mom seemed to be pushing me to go to Piedmont where I did my master's because that is where she taught but I kept saying that I wanted a challenge. I wanted to learn more about my content area. So I decided to apply to UGA. Understand that I lack a lot of faith in myself in what I am able to accomplish. If you told people that I went to school with or even my family for that matter that I had gotten this far they would be shocked. I was always the student who had to study really hard. But I had so much motivation. I wondered would I ever see my motivation take it's true form. In January, I was accepted to UGA much to the amazement of many people. I finally did something that alot of people did not think I was capable of. Well here comes the be careful what you ask for. I wondered would the grass be greener on the other side. We grew up avid UGA fans and had season tickets growing up. My sister attended UGA. So this was a big deal and I really thought the grass would be greener. Currently I am taking two classes and I learned that the grass is greener in this circumstance. I have learned more in these two classes than I did my master's degree combined. So be careful what you ask for: well I will ask anyday to prove that yes I can do it and for an opportunity like this one. What an amazing semester this has been!

1 comment: