Monday, March 19, 2012

2 week checkup

Well today we headed to Gainesville to meet with Dr. Lathum for your two week appointment. Thankfully no shots were in store for us today. Last night was rough enough. It seems sweet girl that your days are mixed up with your nights or you like to have what people call a witching hour. More like four hours for you. Last night you were awake from 8 until 12 and that is pm sweet girl. I think I said earlier you will learn momma likes her sleep. But if that is all I can complain about with you then we are good. McKinley you are doing great for a two week old. You have now outgrown newborn diapers. Funny that you are my only child who ever wore them. Your cord has finally fell off so we can now take real baths. We got your stats today. You weighed in at 9 lbs and 2.5 ounces. You are in the 50% for weight. You love to eat which explains your gain of almost 2 lbs in 2 weeks. Your height measured at 20 and 1/4 inches. You have grown some there as well. But looking at your genes you are destined to be short. You are only in the 20th percentile for height. Your head circumference was 14 and 1/4. That ranks you in the 25th percentile for your head. Dr. Lathum said you look great. We talked about how you don't like a pacifier. We are working on that still. I think you might be my thumb sucker. Time will tell. We don't go back to visit Dr. Lathum until you are 2 months old. By that time mommy will be back at work. Time is going by way to quickly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad everything went good at the checkup! Don't worry over the paci too much. Chandler never took one, either, and hopefully he won't suck his thumb. He doesn't so far!

    I figured since he didn't take a paci, that's one less thing I had to take away later!

    ReplyDelete