Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy 10th Anniversary Scott


Today marks the tenth anniversary of marriage for Scott and I.  But this story began a long time ago.  It was a softball game in the summer of 1993 that would change my life but I just did not know it.  My friend Emily and I went to play ball with a bunch of guys. Who knew that the guy pitching would become my husband many years later?   I still remember my first group date with Scott. It was 4th of July and a bunch of us met up at Mill Creek to watch the fireworks.  Crazy I can still remember what I had on.  I guess I was trying to impress someone.  Our first date without a group was to Savannah and we went walking on the beach.  So many more dates would come after that as we dated for six years before we got married.  Throughout those six years I would graduate high school, go off to Young Harris five hours away from Scott, we would break up once, and then eventually we would be married.  My same friend Emily would go wedding dress shopping with me.  I still remember the day that I got married like it was yesterday.  My bridesmaids spent the night at our house.  We got up the next morning and went to Shoney’s for the breakfast bar.  I would then head over to William’s to get my hair done by my friend Angel.  Next I went to Belk to get my makeup done.  I arrived at church in the parlor area where I would get dress.  I took many people to help put my dress on.  Several who shared in this occasion were Kristy, Nikki, my sister, Carol, Marybeth, Stacy, and Sarah.  We decided to do pictures before the ceremony so I went into the chapel to see Scott for the first time.  I think there were tears in both of our eyes.  You hear that most people say they were so nervous on their wedding day.  I could not have been calmer.  I felt like if you were marrying the right person it should feel extremely right.  And it did.  Since we have been married we have moved twice, had three beautiful daughters Haleigh, Zoie, and McKinley, I have earned three more degrees, and bought a house.  I could not be more blessed.  Scott is my best friend, he is the one that I want to talk to when I come home from work, who I want to vent to, who I want to hold me when I am sad, and sometimes when I am in the mood for cuddling he is who I want to cuddle with.  Those who know me know that I am not a touchy feely person.  Scott I love you always and forever and I hope to have many more anniversaries with you.  Happy 10th Anniversary! Ruth 1: 16-17




2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Noelle! I know what you mean about being nervous. I have been nervous in every wedding I was a part of except my own. I knew Brent was the right one for me, and I was ready to start our life together.

    Happy 10th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm a little late, but i really like this post...especially the part about cuddling. i'm not a cuddler either, but josh is. isn't it amazing that God selects the perfect complement for us? congrats on 10 years!

    ReplyDelete